Pages

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Future Projects

I'm always looking for any shape and form of inspiration, generally causing me to dig deep, but sometimes the inspiration finds me. That's the one I love best. I was scrolling along on Tumblr, and I came upon these images, that left me drooling and wanting more. I have vowed to recreate these pieces, even though two of them seem nearly impossible, but it's a challenge and I like those.

The first is an H&M scarf that I'm absolutely in love with. It comes in many different colours, and even though they're only selling it for $14.95, it's not as satisfying as being able to say I made it myself. Plus, theirs has a seam, I'll be making mine on round needles. The only thing I have to do now is go into an H&M and secretly count on the stitches to get it just right. Oh, did I mention my yarn's on it's way? Pre-planning! And I bought several different colours so I could pass some on to friends and family.


The next two are my challenges. The first is a gorgeous cabeled cardigan with big buttons and lots of cozy comfort. I'm not at the stage where I'll be able to write my own pattern for it, so instead I'll browse around Ravelry and try to find a pattern for a similar cardigan. Fingers crossed!


This second sweater is my other challenge, and the other piece I'll be trying to find on Ravelry. I have similar sweaters to it, but nothing compares to something you've put your time and effort into.


And finally, this sweet little girl and her gorgeous beanie have captured my heart. And it looks like the hat's easy to make without a pattern! I'll be needing to do some Youtube watching on decreasing, but I think this hat's easily achievable with just a RS knit and WS purl. PLUS, it's the only piece I've seen that wholeheartedly accepts the curling and looks cute with it!

 
 
Disclaimer: None of these images are mine, all have been found on Tumblr.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Just a fellow knitter here who stumbled onto links to your blog while browsing the knitting tag on Tumblr. I really liked that rolled-brim hat and found a simple pattern. Thought I'd share in case you want to use it! :)
    http://knitting.about.com/od/hatpatterns/p/roll-brim-hat.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! Thank you so much! Looks so nice C:

      Delete

 

Copyright © cavalries Design by Free CSS Templates | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger