Pages

Monday 20 August 2012

Haul 001






My very first knitting haul! Woohoo! This is a bit of a compiled haul because I got all of these items over a few week period.

The first item is a pair of blue blunt-ended yarn needles by Red Heart. They're made of a plastic, which I'm afraid won't be as good as a metal needle. I have yet to try them out but I'll be sure to review them when I do.






The next thing I purchased I'm actually really excited about! It's a grey cabling needle! Cable knit is one of my most favourite things in the world and I can't wait to use them on a future project I'm planning! They are from Red Heart as well.





I've wanted the Boye Needlemaster Interchangeable Set for the longest time and I am SO happy I finally ordered it! I found it on Ebay for $30 which was such a steal because I saw the set at Michael's for $90. $60 savings means more yarn! I'm expecting a lot of use from this set considering I can make pretty much anything with it. Also, it is a set of circular needles, but they can be used as straight needles as well. You get a set of 13 needles ranging from size US 2 to US 15, 4 cables and a few accessories all packed neatly into a pretty brown leatherette (?) travel case.






I also purchase a pair of Anodized Aluminun circular needles from Boye, size US 17, cord 29". I needed these for another future project coming up very soon. They cost me around $11, I think, and I purchased them at Michael's.





While at Michael's, I also found the big sale bin full of yarn! After a good amount of digging, I finally came up with a few skeins. The first is 5 skeins of bright blue acrylic chunky yarn, each 114 yards. I bought these for a scarf I'm planning on making, but the pattern didn't state how many yards was in each skein of yarn the original scarf was made in, just that 5 skeins was used.




Next I came up with 2 skeins of sparkly wine red yarn! I'll be using these for a hat I'm hoping to make before autumn chills set in! I was honestly pretty hesitant about getting this yarn because of the sparkles and colour, but I decided 'what the heck' and got it anyways. The sale bin claimed each skein was $2.99 but when I went to check out, it turns out each was $1.99! Super save! I just regret not going back and picking up a few more skeins.



This picture and the one underneath are not true to colour.


The following yarn I purchased on Etsy from El Coyote Ranch. I found it while browsing around. It cost me $10 from $20. The colour I purchased was Rusty Gray (WHICH I LOVE) and it is 60% wool and 40% mohair, approximately 180 yards. I'm a little hesitant with this yarn because it's much rougher than I expected it to be, so I'm not sure what to make with it. I'm considering doing a hat because I'm afraid it might be too scratchy as a scarf. I'll have to use a lot of white vinegar and fabric softener with it.





Next, I got 2 skeins of the same yarn in different colours. The first colour is a charcoal, the second a natural camel-y colour. They are 80% acrylic and 20% yarn, both very soft. I'll probably make a hat out of the first and a scarf out of the second. They cost me around $5 each.







And finally, I stopped by Romni Wools in Toronto. After browsing the very-packed racks of various wool, an associate there told me about the sale section in the basement and I jumped at the chance. The basement was just as packed as the upstairs! I finally decided on 6 skeins of Rubens Tweed, which is 65% virgin wool, 14% polyacryl, 12% polyester and 9% cotton. I really like the colour and for $6.50 a skein, I just had to have them!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © cavalries Design by Free CSS Templates | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger