Pages

Thursday 23 August 2012

Projects

Warm sun, cool breeze, I can't lie that it's a beautiful day, but today just can't compare to the cool autumn days when I can wear boots, beanies and scarves and sip on hot chocolates and lattes. Unfortunately, there's still another month to come; but that doesn't mean I can't plan ahead! So, here's my next project: a moss knit blanket!

The second I saw the pattern, I absolutely fell in love! And it just so happens that my grandma, whose retiring from knitting, decided to pass on a ton of yarn to me. If I had a choice, I wouldn't pick such a bright fuschia colour, and I probably wouldn't want to use a 100% acrylic yarn, but hey, it was passed on and I don't't want to waste it. I'll most likely use this blanket to cover up the dog on cold winter days, or to keep folded in the car as a lap blanket.






I'm about 30% done the project. It is a bit of a tedious pattern because you need to constantly keep track of what you're doing. The pattern calls to knit from the front and the back of each stitch during the first row, then knit 2, purl 2 for the second row, then knit from the front and the back of each stitch during the third row and purl 2, knit 2 for the fourth row. I need to write down which row I'll be doing next or else the pattern with be severely screwed up. I've used a long tail cast on onto size 10 US round needles. I'm using round needles for a flat project because they can fit the 130 stitches (which double during the first and third rows).

I hope to be done soon, but I can't make any promises. Updates are to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © cavalries Design by Free CSS Templates | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger