Pages

Friday 17 August 2012

Azor

Autumn's approaching and I've been planning ahead my projects so that I (and others) can wear them during appropriate weather. One of my latest projects was for the 'others', which is to say my dog, Azor. He's a German Shorthaired Pointer and he's 3-years-young.

This mischievous little beast is terribly spoiled by the family. For the past few years (when he grew into his frame), he's had his little coat for the cold Canadian winter months, but the coat doesn't go up to cover his neck, so he's been wearing a couple of our neck warmers. But because I love the guy so much, I wanted to make him his own infinity scarf. It was my very first time using circle needles and I can tell you now, it was not easy. I cast on approximately 70 stitches, and then I knit using a simple pattern of 4 knit, 4 purl, 4 knit etc. I screwed up so much, it's not even funny, even though you can't really tell when just looking at it. I would knit when I had to purl, I had one part that had 5 knit stitches. I even started going backwards on the project at one point. Mess, mess, mess.

Oh well, he's still gonna have to wear it (even though it's a little bit loose on him). I still need to sew in my loose ends and wash it in some vinegar and fabric softener because I used an acrylic yarn.






I wanted the beast to model the scarf for me, but he was over-excited at that point. He started biting it when I was trying to put it on him, then he saw my brother leaving the house so he was watching him go like a love-sick woman. Managed to grab 2 shots of him still before he started running away with the scarf.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © cavalries Design by Free CSS Templates | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger